- Is to save lives and prevent disabilities.
- To translate our passion for science and availability of cutting edge technology into product that will meet the unmet Medical Needs in patient care.
- Our motto at XCyton is to save lives and prevent disabilities thus improving the quality of life of an individual and the nation. We do this through innovations in medical science to meet the unmet medical needs.
- XCyton is committed to creating an ambient atmosphere in which all employees can work together in a clean and safe environment. They can learn and build career in science.
- Team XCyton is committed to provide delight to the customers and others who interact with the company.
The core values that are practised in XCyton are:
- Team spirit/unity
- Bio-Singapore Award - The Most Important Technology Developed in Asia in year 2009
- Best Bio-Product Award - Syndrome Evaluation System by
Biospectrum for the year 2008
- Best Bio-Product Award - JEV-CheX by Biospectrum for the year 2004
- Bio-Singapore Award - RABOBANK India Bio Business award for HIV CheX & HEP CheX C
Board of Directors
Dr. B. V. Ravi Kumar
Dr. B.V. Ravi Kumar - is the founder of XCyton, and functions in the capacity of Chairman and Managing Director.
Dr. Ravi Kumar has been instrumental in developing all the products and has successfully launched all the products in the market. Dr. Ravi Kumar's networking abilities have created a huge extended family of collaborators for XCyton. Dr. Ravi Kumar also has been instrumental in getting venture funding, grants and soft loans from Government of India.
In XCyton Dr. Ravi Kumar has guided two M.D. dissertations and is currently guiding a Ph.D.
Dr. Ravi Kumar was earlier with Astra Research Centre where he was the project co-ordinator and lead research on M. tuberculosis and Neurocysticercosis and also guided a Ph.D.
Dr. Ravi Kumar has done his Ph.D in Neurochemistry from Indian Institute of Science. Dr. Ravi Kumar has worked as a registrar in CMC Vellore and has been trained in Psychiatry at CMC Vellore. Dr. Ravi Kumar graduated in medicine from JIPMER, Pondicherry.
Dr. Latha P. Lakshman
Dr. Latha Lakshman - is a Director of XCyton. Dr. Latha plays an active role in R& D and Manufacturing. She also is the functional head of marketing at XCyton. Dr. Latha has a Masters in Science from Bangalore University and has done her Ph.D. in Human Genetics from NIMHANS.
Mr. Dugar is the Senior Managing Director at FIL Capital Advisors (India) Private Limited. Mr. Dugar has over ten years of leadership experience in the Indian private equity industry, with experience of investing across multiple stages and industries. During his private equity career, Mr. Dugar has also worked in The Carlyle Group and Merlion (Temasek-Standard Chartered JV) and was earlier the co-founder and Managing Director of WestBridge Capital Partners (now Sequoia India).
Mr. Dugar started his career as a management consultant with Booz Allen & Hamilton where he worked both in USA and India. He subsequently worked as an investment banker for Goldman Sachs where he was responsible for India coverage and served on the board of Goldman's then JV partner Kotak Mahindra Capital. Mr. Dugar holds an AB degree from Dartmouth College and an MBA degree from MIT Sloan School of Management. He is a charter member of TiE and a member of the Young President's Organisation (YPO).
Dr. Robert Weisskoff
Dr. Weisskoff has worked extensively in both academia and the bioscience industry for more than twenty years. Prior to joining Fidelity in 2004, he held various senior roles in R&D and Business Development at both pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
In his academic career, Dr. Weisskoff was Associate Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School, on the faculty of the Harvard-MIT Health Sciences Technology (HST) Program, and performed research at Massachusetts General Hospital, where he was Associate Director of the MGH-NMR Center. There he worked at the intersection of basic research, medical technology development, and clinical research in a variety of areas. Robert is the author of over 100 peer-reviewed scientific papers, and an inventor on 6 US patents.
Dr. Weisskoff holds a Ph.D. in Physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an M.B.A. from Columbia University. He received his A.B. degree in Physics from Harvard University, graduating magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. Dr. Weisskoff has served on the Board of Directors for several US companies including Acorn Cardiovascular, Accuri Cytometers, Bioconnect Systems, Ikano Therapeutics, Inc., Tetraphase, Topaz, Transave, ViewRay and Envivo Pharmaceuticals.